Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Meeting People

I met Rev. A. H. Mandey on the 14th of September 2007. We met accidently in a chinese restaurant in Cikarang, and someone (his compannion) introduced me to him. He is probably the most senior leader in the Pentacostal circle in Indonesia today. He was one of the pioneers in tele-evangelism. His sermons have been in TV since I was in junior high or even before. I know that he is a famous Christian leader for so long. This however was my first time to have the opportunity to salute him in person. I shook his hand and bowed my head, admiring the very Rev. Mandey for his faithfulness in ministry.
On the 26th of September 2007, I met Angelique Widjaja. She is a national tennis player, though she has been absent from tournaments lately. A friend in our church (he was also a student in my New Testament class) introduced her to me just in front of my office. I shook her hand paying tribute for her real contribution to the country. She looks taller, slimmer and younger.

0 comments: