Tuesday, December 07, 2010

EVERLASTING LOVE

Last night, I asked Princess Keiko, 'How much do you love your daddy?' Her answer is 'Forever!' I asked her again, 'How much do you love your mommy?' Her answer is again 'Forever!' For the last time, I asked her, 'How much do you love your brother?' And the answer is still 'Forever!' The conversion from 'how much' to 'forever' is indeed more complicated than world currencies exchange rates. Looking deeper at her undoubtedly smart and deep response, however, helps me to understand that love is a decision requires commitment, loyalty and faithfulness. God himself said to his people in Jeremiah 31.3, 'I have loved you with an everlasting love.' No matter how much or big your love for your family, friends, and others, you have to deliver it consistently, endlessly and with a commitment.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great writing! I wish you could follow up to this topic :P