Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BOTTLES AND CANS FOR RECYCLE

In one afternoon, I read an add at Craiglist Free Items. There, someone was offering recycle bottles and cans. Without any serious intention, but knowing that she lives only 10 minutes drive from my place, I replied the add, expressing my willingness to pick them up. In about 15 minutes, she called me asking if I still want the bottles and cans. To make the long story short, I went to her house and picked all the bottles and cans up. They were in total of four large plastic garbage bags. I loaded them into my car and brought them in to a Bottle Depot. For that less than an hour effort, I earned 18.5 CAD - or 16 CAD after counting the gasoline cost.

What have I learned from this process? First, I am so happy for being a positive actor in promoting GO GREEN movement. What I did is not so much motivated by money, it is however led by an environment awareness. Second, I am so happy for the opportunity to help a lady in throwing her recycle garbage. She must be very happy to see her house neater and to have some more space to store her other stuffs. Third, I am happy because I earned money - and immediately treated my wife an Ice Cappuccino and my daughter a Berry Smoothies. For the opportunity to care for the environment, to help the lady cleaning up her house, and to treat my family with refreshment, I thanked God.

The only sad part of the story is the fact that more people were probably or I am sure actually were expecting to get those bottles and cans to survive. For this, I do not know exactly what words should I say.


0 comments: