Monday, June 06, 2011

INFLUENTIAL BOOK: HEART DESIRE BY PATSY ODA

Heart Desire is an inspiring life-testimonial of Patsy Oda, a Japanese-American woman in finding her desired husband according to the will of God. Patsy Oda herself is the author of the book. I read the book some 25 years ago, thinking that I will soon have similar wonderful experience as hers. The fact is different: I had to wait for almost 20 years before finally I got married.

In the year of 2000 when I was facing heavy problem in relationship, I decided to contact Patsy Oda herself. The long distance e-mail conversations between Deutschland and the West Coast of America were proved to be fruitful. I truly thank God and her for her gentle and mature guidance on me. She helped me to understand both my self-desire and the will of God - and to grasp the tension between the two. Guess what!!! Patsy Oda sent me a copy of Heart Desire with her autograph on it. 

0 comments: