Thursday, June 02, 2011

INFLUENTIAL BOOK: NO EASY ROAD BY DICK EASTMAN

No Easy Road (1973) by Dick Eastman is a life changing book on prayer. I first read the book in 1985, when I was in grade 10. Since then, I always desire to read Eastman's books. And I did for two other great books of him: The Hour that Changes the World (1986) and Love on Its Knees (1989). These are best selling books on prayer and intercession. After I completed No Easy Road, I purchased more than 200 copies of that book and shared them with friends of mine inviting them to enter the beauty of prayer ministry. 

Inspired by the book and realizing that prayers are significant in a meaningful Christian life, I began to distribute prayer letters to friends. I started with only less than twenty people. Today amazingly more than one hundred prayer partners receive prayer letters from me: as they commit to pray for me and my family, I also commit to pray for them. The distribution of these prayer letters truly exemplifies a worldwide prayer loving community. 

The book I believe was also an intended gift from God. No one (including me) ever thought that In 1991, I and four other friends initiated and led what now known as Student Prayer Network. The network calls students from all campuses from different regions in Indonesia to offer intercessory prayers. The ministry was widened as I was appointed to be the executive secretary of National Prayer Network in 1993. Together with church leaders in Indonesia we calls all believers in Indonesia to pray in unity. 

Without No Easy Road, I may not be interested in a prayer ministry at all. God however opened my eyes through reading the book, that such ministry is very crucial and not replaceable in a victorious Christian life. At the end, allow me to ask you one important question: Do you pray or do you 'pray'? I do really hope that you do really pray real prayers. No Easy Road has been changing my 'prayer life' into a true meaningful prayer life.

0 comments: