Friday, June 24, 2011

WORDS TO REFLECT - DECEMBER 2009

Paul's vision of a father: '...encouraging, comforting and urging his children to live lives worthy of God,...' (1 Thess 2.11-12 NIV modified) (Prasadja, December 2, 2009)
Paul's vision of a mother: '...gently caring for her children and sharing her life with them...' (1 Thess 2.7-8 NIV modified) (Prasadja, December 3, 2009)
'One who graduated yesterday and stops learning today is uneducated by tomorrow' (I am not sure who is the author of the wise words above, I found it at the University of Oxford, UK) (Prasadja, December 6, 2009)
I am reflecting on Friedrich Nietzsche' s statement 'God is dead; and we have killed Him' - One reason (among others) behind the statement was Nietzsche's frustration on the gap between Christian faith and Christian morality (Prasadja, December 8, 2009)
Hari 'Anti-Korupsi Se-Dunia' di Indonesia dinodai kekerasan dan tindak anarkis. Seandainya ada Hari 'Anti-Kekerasan Se-Dunia' - kira-kira bakal terjadi demo disertai kekerasan dan tindak anarkis ngga? Khususnya di negeri Indonesia tercinta (Prasadja, December 9, 2009)
I may not be a good man, but still I am a man. I may not be a good father, but still I am a father. I may not be a good believer, but still I am a believer (Prasadja, December 16, 2009)
Last night before I brought Keiko to sleep, she said to me, 'Dad, my eyes were tearing when I worshipped the Lord.' (commenting on her school's Christmas celebration yesterday in exactly perfect English grammar and in pure expression of her heart) (Prasadja, December 17, 2009)
A teen asked in her FB status: 'why sad loosing something you never had?' Here is my response to her: 'You do not have all, but you do have hope for all things. When you hope things too strong, many times you feel that you already possess the things you hope for, though in reality they do not belong to you. When those things do not become realities, you are sad for loosing something you never had' (Prasadja, December 29, 2009)
Then she wrote: 'I don't want to wake up and face the reality.' To this statement, I responded: 'Even if you do not wake up, you already face the reality' (Prasadja, December 30, 2009)

0 comments: